Thread: March 18, 1981
View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #5
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I've seen reports that Cannell is currently developing a GAH feature film(both he & Robert Culp hinted at this in the season one DVD exrtas). This is how I'd handle the story:School teacher Ralph Hinkley(Nicholas Brandon from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") is on a field trip with his students when their bus stalls. Ralph pulls out his cell phone to call his girlfriend Pam Davidson(casting TBD), but discovers it's dead. He leaves the students with the bus to find help. After walking for a little while, an out of control car nearly runs him down. The car is driven by FBI agent Bill Maxwell(Denis Leary). Ralph is obviously annoyed by this. Maxwell, in Denis Leary fashion lights up a cigerette and kind of goes on a rant about it not being his fault. At that moment, strange lights appear in the sky, followed by the familiar-looking ship. Ralph and Bill jump into Bill's car. The doors lock on their own and Maxwell's satillite radio turns on automatically. The "little green guys" are heard over the radio. Yes, this would be the familar setup from the original pilot episode only updated a bit. I think leary would be perfect as Maxwell if he were left free to portray the role slightly similar to the character of Mike McNeil from "The Job", only he would have to tone it down a little.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote