View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:50 AM   #51
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica: 14th Colony (Fan Film)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
Personally, I gave up hope on this a long time ago. When it had been years (multiple) past the point of when it was originally to be released and the 30th anniversary had come and gone with no new news, I just wrote it off as a boondoggle that would never see the light of day.

It's too bad - I remember the original promo and I got emailed a preview copy of the script. I remember the excitement when the promo came out and how it felt thinking that someone would finally do something in terms of a live action fanfilm on a large scale, it was fun to think about.

How it all ended was not even to the level of a whimper. You'd at least think that those involved would make some kind of announcement and say it's just never gonna happen and be done with it.

I guess those Star Wars and Star Trek fans have something over on us BSG fans - we can't ever seem to get any projects off the ground...

Bryan
I was a little involved in the modelling department. Ships that is

I never got word as to its fate but the best thing for me was I learned to model in cgi and did a passable job, I was sorry to see it vanish and I hope it returns in some form..

In some levels Galactica is to big to tackle even with blue screen help. for shots on the Galactica Bridge or hanger would have to be green screen.

I would approach BSG fan film by taking on a story telling about another ship a smaller Ship of refuges that escape from the Colonies later perhaps trying to find the fleet that has escaped with the Galactica at its head. or on a journey of there own.. at least you can create new characters and situations. but you can control
it better I believe. final part would be them finding the fleet and joining them. etc

on approach springs to mind is TwoBrainedCylon audio story. one that I think could be filmed .

IMO

Gerard

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote