View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2020, 05:34 PM   #215
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

GINO, Take 2. Once again the Cylons are the good guys saving the Universe from the evil Humans!

And what a joke to see this item that tries to shoehorn the original series into the philosophy of the original GINO.

"The Cycle of Time is a sequence of events in the Battlestar Galactica franchise that repeats itself, seemingly forever. The original Battlestar Galactica series and the 2004 SyFy series are both different iterations of that cycle, and it is possible that not even the Peacock remake could escape the cycle."

Stuff like this just offers me a reminder of why time will never heal the wounds no matter how much I wish it could be otherwise. Not when the legacy of what made Galactica special and enduring to me is continually run-down because of the GINO take so that ultimately GINO is the default interpretation of what it's all about.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote