Thread: Batman Begins!
View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2005, 01:38 AM   #1
Fragmentary

Thumbs up Batman Begins!

This movie will blow you away!
Is that a promise? Yes it is.

Just to let you know where I'm coming from, I didn't like the earlier Batman movies. I thought Jack was great in Tim Burton's first one, but other than that I was unimpressed. And they just went downhill from there.

But this time out. Oh man. This is probably the best movie I've seen this year. Better than Star Wars even. I won't go into it until some other folks get around to seeing it so we can talk, but seriously, if you guys have any interest in seeing this movie you have to do it. It absolutely is worth it.

Oh and the supporting cast... Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Rutger Hauer, Liam Neeson... oooh Liam Neeson (so cool) these guys are all perfect. And no one, not one person, ever winks into the camera. This movie is as real as can be.

And the director Christopher Nolan doesn't shoot this like a comic book. It's a rich lavishly shot flick with awesome shadows and iconic visuals. Gotham has never come close to looking this real. Really shooting in Chicago instead of on a soundstage makes a world of difference.

So much for keeping this short. Just go see it.
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote