View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2014, 09:57 PM   #376
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default Re: Yet Another TOS Battlestar WIP

I think trying to design the Baseship landing bays according to the info we have (Hand of god) woould be more confusing than the galactica's. The matte painting used in the show didnt make much sense at all. Certianly not a practical design to hold 300 fighters.

I would build 10 identical landing bays. 5 on the upper saucer and 5 on the lower. I would keep all the deck orientation facing the same "up" direction, just because thats the way i think they would have done it in the late 70's ( 2 dimensional thinking, emulating terrestrial designs that fans would understand).
I would have the central core hangers (2 of them) be a hub for moving ships from one landing bay to another or to a maintenance hanger. The fighter elevators would be here along with perhaps Cylon support ships as well (they have to have some sort of shuttle type ships).

Really the cylon base ship would be fairly easy to layout the interior compared to a Battlestar. Other than a few special compartments (throne room, command center etc..) you can mostly just repeat the same pie slice of the ship many times.