View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #42
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Hi, Pegasus,

Thank you for the very kind words about the story.

Actually, I think there was a part in the story where I mentioned that the Earth , with Colonial assistance, was going to at least be developing ground based laser defense weaponry, and begin work on the first Earth built Colonial Vipers.

In honesty, when I wrote Dark Exodus, it had been many yahrens since I'd gotten to fully see the episodes of Galactica...I actually ended up writing the story with the same material that Ronald D. Moore had to work with, that being Saga of a Star World. However, I did use MANY online references to try and keep my story straight, and truer to Classic Galactica. So, I do not fully recall what Dr. Ravishol did regarding the future of the Ravishol Pulsar. That which I could not fully recall didn't quite make it into the storyline of Dark Exodus. But I did try to be as complete on as many issues as possible. Hopefully, my sequel story Reciprocity will cover the areas that perhaps DE did not.

In a brief spoiler for the sequel Reciprocity: Starbuck, Boomer, and Sheba are going to train the first ever Earth pilots that will fly the first ever Earth built Colonial Vipers.

The pulsar technology would come in very handy, considering the incredible odds I am about to throw against Earth and the Colonials and their allies. But, I am not sure if I will incorporate it. There are things I am doing in the story that MAY either lead it up to be a trilogy....or just a REALLY REALLY long sequel story.

I plan some very moving drama, and perhaps a bit of psychological and spiritual tension for Reciprocity. (Nothing that violates the spirit of Galactica, but definitely intensifies it to a level that many may not expect.) I am also thinking there is going to be a GREAT tragedy in the story....a very lifeshattering event on a personal level.

Thanks again, Pegasus, for your kind words and keen insights. I hope you will enjoy Reciprocity as it rolls along. I am also glad that you liked how I portrayed Tigh's demise. I thought, here is a great character, but the torch must inevitably be passed on to what has become the standard among the fan lexicon...Apollo must command. I wanted to give Tigh a very emotional ending. I am glad you saw it as such.

With greatest appreciation,
Martok2112