View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #30
larocque6689
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollecto
P.S. I will be so glad when Hollywood gets out of the remake business. Last year I decided I am no longer seeing any movies based on comic books, old movies or TV series, and except for Revenge of the Sith, haven't seen any sequels. This means I am not seeing most of the major Hollywood films anymore.
Hollywood has been doing remakes as long as there has been Hollywood. Anybody who has scanned titles from the 1930s nd 1940s will see one, sometimes two remakes of films, some of which stretch back to the silent era. Another popular concept is to remake a foriegn flim for the domestic market. Again, very common.

Occasionally you will find a remake superior to the original. Based on most remakes I've from the past 30 years, I'm tempted to say "no" most of the time, though.

Has anybody seen the Billy Bob Thornton / Richard Linklater Bad News Bears remake? That has enough name value for me (I love Linklater's films) that I'm curious. (The original film was written by Bill Lancaster - son of Burt ! )