Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
I did not know you can bake spaghetti.
Taranis -

Actually, yes, you can bake spaghetti. The Italians do it quite often in a dish that's called a "Frittata" I've got a great recipe:

Frittata di Spaghetti

1 teaspoon olive oil
4 ounces prosciutto -- diced
6 large eggs
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh parsley -- chopped
2 cups cooked spaghetti
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese -- cubed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter

In a frying pan saute the prosciutto in the 1 teaspoon of olive oil until crispy. Drain on brown paper. In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add the Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the spaghetti, mix well, then stir in the mozzarella and prosciutto. In a 10 inch frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the spaghetti mixture and smooth the top with a spatula. Cook over medium low heat until the frittata is browned on the bottom and set. Place a plate larger than the frying pan over the pan and invert the frittata onto the plate. Heat the remaining olive oil and butter in the pan and return the frittata to the pan to brown the other side. Shake the pan occasionally to keep the frittata from sticking. Place a serving plate over the frittata and carefully invert pan to remove frittata. Serve at room temperature, cut in wedges.

The greatest thing about a frittata is that you can make it for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. There's hundreds of variations for a frittata as well. As the Italians say: Delicioso!

Lara - I like this idea for sharing recipes....it's like the internet version of "breaking bread" with one another. Cooking is one of my great passions!

I've got a great recipe for some flawless (and effortless) Salmon Steaks...let me know if anyone's interested....

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote