View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #165
kat

Rowan, I was taught french in the public school and I am fine to read most simple stuff eg menus and maps. My son is in the french immersion and is presently in grade one. He will not talk to me because he believes my french is so poor that I am a lost cause. I told him that should he chose not to speak to me in french I would no longer be able to understand his requests for candy in english. Now he constanly corects me until I say the word to his satisfacion. Any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Muffit I speak French fluently I had no idea French came into play in fencing!! (reminds me of when I took ballet) I really need to look into finding a class I'll check out your idea Muffit thanks! By the way are you talking from experience?

Excalibur I’m an odd duck with a fascination with the past and a lust for the future I’m crazy about Sci Fi but I’m equally attracted to the medieval period I love the legend of King Arthur.
Thanks Muffit for the suggested reading I’ve read some but nothing authoritative on it.
Gunstar very interesting and complex story about the development of your user name Your Avatar often makes me smile but now I have a true appreciation for it’s meaning LOL!

Thank you so much for the info about the rapier but I’m too poor at this time to purchase it – unfortunately I’m a starving student at this time I will keep your recommendation in mind though thank you! Every time I go to the Highland Games here in the lower mainland of BC I drool over the swords the swords smith brings ...some day….*big sigh*