View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Galactica Saga is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
Took a look at part one. Very well-constructed and we're in accord of how the "new twist" approach re: Saga would and should factor in the impact of Cain's disappearance on Colonial thinking prior to these events as we see Adama musing on this.
That seemed the most logical approach. As does having the Battlestar Pacifica out of the picture. The (apparent) loss of Galactica's sister ship so close on the heels of the loss of the 5th fleet would probably shake the Colonials up.

It also helps that, when listening to the bridge chatter in SAGA you could just as easily take what's said as: "Pacifica's" or "Pacificus", which has led to bit of extrapolation that will be mentioned later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
However, I don't think Adama is the type of person who would disdain having to wear his dress uniform, given the high resepct he has for the traditions of Colonial society. He always seemed quite comfortable in his (in contrast to say, a Cain, who would never be caught dead in one, and certainly not the blue one!)
Point taken. I intended the prologue to capture Adama's anxiety over the situation, not having to wear dress blues. I was also trying to be frugal with words as I felt the prologue was running long. However I've made some tentative edits to my work file and put back in something I took out. Wont be updating the blog post but, when the final act is posted, I'll likely make a PDF for the board.

So if you see anything else that seems out of character or that doesn't capture the tone of BSG let me know.

Thanks for the input.
Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote