View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #31
WarMachine
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
WarMachine, it isn't a question of their not being "allowed" to do post-HOG stories, it's a question of them purposefully deciding not to do so for what has to rank as the dumbest rationale I've ever heard from anyone, that because too many people in the TOS fanbase have their own ideas of what should happen, they would not be able to please everyone but "core" TOS fans, so therefore they decide that stuck-in-a-rut storytelling that constantly undermines the very premises of the original episodes themself is somehow a better way to go.
You're kidding.....you're NOT kidding.

That's the most asinine thing I've heard in a long time.

That's enough to get me to start shopping for a comic artist to ink VS2 and 'Fields'.....

[SET RANT MODE TO "ON"]

WTF?!

What the Hell happened? I'm starting to feel like Steve McQueen at the end of "Sand Pebbles": WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?

I'm not kidding - I'm getting seriously p*%%ed off about this.

Did I miss a meeting? 'Cause from where I'm sitting, it sure as HELL feels like I just woke up one morning about 8 years ago, to find out that the entire world collectively dropped about a THOUSAND IQ points overnight! What did they do, spike the water?

What? Did the press' enamoration with Bubba Clinton's cigar choices trip a preprogrammed "DUUUUUHHHHHH" switch? I didn't think that the Clipper Chip was implantable.

I seem to recall that, while rather annoying, having c.30% of the population wandering around with the mouth-breathing IQ of ice in a liquid-nitrogen bath was an 'ignorable' problem -- suddenly, I wake up, and now 99-fracking-percent of the population has the combined brainpower of a single strand of dry pasta!

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?

[SET RANT MODE TO "OFF"]