View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2020, 09:44 AM   #207
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

We've been teased endlessly since 1993 and the 15 Yahren Con when Larson implied something was possibly in the works. And not once sadly has faith ever been rewarded.

I still look in since I still like to talk about the show especially now that I'm actively writing fanfic again after taking ten years off from it due to creative burnout. Hopefully the "Virtual Season" section of the board here will finally be updated with all the stories that have been written in the last eight years by myself and others just to provide a further archival repository for them. Maybe at some point I'll bring myself to revisit the Hatch novels and try to be critical without being infuriated as I tended to be when they came out. I've been organizing the comic files, even for the ones I disliked to have for reference purposes, and I've also been fortunate to get copies of most of the original scripts for the series and G80 including unproduced ones which have been illuminating in a lot of ways regarding the show's production history.

It's kind of unfortunate there's never been something like a regular podcast about the series done by fans of it who can study these things in detail in the way I've heard podcasts for other series. Though if someone's aware of it being done, I'd like to know! (not a podcast done by some general sci-fi or TV history buff who isn't approaching Galactica as a fan)
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote