View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2014, 07:32 AM   #13
Jayworld
Warrior

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

Because of the director (Abrams) associated with the project, and Larson as producer, I am inclined to think that we'll be very pleased with the movie. At this point, everything we say is pure conjecture (of course), but from looking at the past history, using Star Trek:
The Star Trek franchise was rebooted under the direction of Abrams in a very successful way, using the original characters (albeit prior to the original series and suggesting an alternate timeline) and very identifiable visuals such as the costumes, ships, and even actors that bore more than a passing resemblance to the original actors. Even an original actor was used in a "cameo" role (Nimoy).

Because of this, and the fact that Larson is the producer and on record for not liking the Moore series and franchise at all, I think we'll see something in the sorts of how Abrams handled Star Trek but as Battlestar, with similar (and somewhat updated costuming), same characters with possibly different/younger actors that resemble the original actors characters, with the thoughts that a successful movie will reboot the franchise on the big screen the way Star Trek has recently enjoyed. So I think we'll see a MALE Starbuck, Apollo, Adama, Tigh, Baltar, Cassi, and other characters we know and love. It will be "edgier" or "darker" in the same vein as the new STar Trek was darker than the original series (probably PG-13 compared to a PG rating of the original BG series and theatrical film)I also think that if there is a cameo (or better role) for an original cast member, we'll see Dirk Benedict….. (just my 2 cents)

I am very much looking forward to this; best BG news I've had in 16+ years…..