Thread: CG Galactica
View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #233
Matador
Viper Pilot

Default Re: CG Galactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon View Post
Speaking from ignorance. Did the original model have pipes running along the base like that?

Really nice detailing of hoses, etc. on the viper above.

All my best,

Russell
Well Let's look at a production model of the Original Galactica.

Yep... Pipes!

Let's then look at Maudib's verison, (which is the best highly detailed and completely accurate to the studio version I've seen so far)...

Oh yeah... More pipes.s

Now, having exposed pipes like that may have not been the smartest idea for the Colonials. It probably would explain why the entire fleet was destroyed so easily... Also, flying around in a viper with no pressure suite or mask didn't make a lot of sense either, but it made for a great show and we all love the costumes...
The Galactica from the new series would be a better bet, because everything is all tucked away behind armor...

But one thing both ships had was lots of Bulky armor, heavy defense system, firepower, and Vipers! Everything was Reduntant and by-passable. Like Star Trek and the Auxiliary systems.

My version of Galactica is very different and is intended to be that way... I did not want to copy anybody else's work... Sort of how the Enterprise from the new Star trek is the same but different than the original movie version.
My landing bays are open on both ends.

I am still very new to Lightwave... After working with Max for almost 6 years, switching over has not been easy.

Thanks for checking out my post.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote