View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #46
mocha2112
Warrior

Hi -

To answer the question about "do we (TOS fans) except G80 as "canon"", well, it depends with me. Most of the time, no, I don't. However, about 5 or 6 years ago, a friend of mine and I from the really old BSG mailing list were coming up with stories about what happened to Starbuck and Apollo after HOG but before G80. (Anyone else out there notice that when Starbuck was saying "Good Bye" to Boomer, he mentioned Cassie and Athena, but NOT Apollo? I took that as an indication that Apollo was already "dead". But that was just me...) In those stories, I took G80 as canon. I even started a story getting Starbuck and Apollo back to the G after the events of G80 to "end" the series for myself. I had assumed back then no one was going to remake the show so I decided to do it myself.

With that said, some have believed you needed two pilots to fly a Cylon fighter. I made it HARD to fly but not impossible for one guy to fly. So, in my mind Starbuck left the planet "Starbuck" after "burying" Cy. Poor Cy got his main computer systems fried and thus even if Starbuck did rebuild him, it wouldn't be Cy. ahhhh...

later....
mocha2112 is offline   Reply With Quote