View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:31 AM   #17
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG
When Baltar left the Atlantia, I assume he had a device similar to Apollo & Starbuck in 'The Hand of God', which told the Cylon Raiders that his shuttle was a friendly craft not to be fired on. I suppose he killed the shuttle pilot and either transfered to a Cylon ship after the battle was over, or flew to Caprica himself to rendezvous with the Basestar.
Thats how BRG reckons it went down.

Charybdis is a odd one though! Again, I assume he was sabotaging Caprica's surface defences in preperation for the attack, and had an escape route ready but somthing went wrong so he had to buy his way off the surface.
But the part I find confusing is this- nobody suspected Baltar's treachery until the sh*t hit the fan. But how do they suddenly know Charybdis was his right hand man, and why does no one know what he looks like?
BRG

I doubt Baltar would have needed any such device. He left the bridge of the Atlantia in plenty of time to launch before the Cylons got into range. He was probably off their scanners by the time the attack began, and the Cylons were interested only in the Fleet.
As to Charybdis, remember that Boomer calls him "Baltar's pilot", only under another name, "Proteus". It may be that no one left in the Fleet, save Ortega, had ever seen Charybdis before the Holocaust, and thus connected the two. It could have been anything from shaving a beard to an elaborate disguise. Since he flew Baltar's shuttle, it is a fair guess that he was in on the plan. He may even have used Baltar's Councillior clearance to access vital systems back home, and left a trace. I doubt Adama would have fled the Colonies without trying to gather as much information as possible about what had just happened. Since Charybdis did not expect his treachery to be exposed, he would not have bothered to cover his trail.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote