View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2014, 11:58 PM   #1
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Default The Falsehood of Failure and the Truth About Winning

To use an analogy of the statement, “once an alcoholic always an alcoholic”, I say that in life, “once a winner, always a winner.” Not that the two are related, but just as the alcoholic has the potential to fall off the wagon and drink again, even when doing well in life, so too does the one-time winner, even when going through trying times when all seems lost, have the potential, on the perceived wagon trail to failure, to “fall off the wagon” and win again. Even the concept of failure itself is not real but a deception. It is a deception of perception because an interruption on the course to winning need not be a barricade, or even an obstacle, but merely a speed bump.

Once a winner, always a winner. Even if “losing”, the potential to win is still there deep inside. And with the potential already there, there is hope. It is not a wall, just a speed bump.

When I was a photo-department manager at Eckerds, I had an unbeatable streak of winning sales contests. Other managers referred to me as the one who kept beating them. Each time a new contest began, prior to its beginning, I always told my store manager that I was going to win. I never said, “I am going to try to win,” and I did not try to win. Ever. I always said, “I’m going to win this contest.” I knew I was going to win. Other managers knew they would not beat me. They tried, oh they tried, but they never beat me. Not because I tried harder, for like I said, I never tried, but because I decided in my heart beforehand that I was the winner. I pushed to win, but I didn’t try to win. I just won.

In the film The Empire Strikes Back, Luke Skywalker faced a great obstacle. He told Yoda, “I’ll try.” But his determination to try was his failure. Yoda told him, “Try not. Do, or do not, there is no try.”

I never tried to win the sales contests; I just won them. I set it in my mind before the contest began that I was the winner. So I won even before the race began. I was not a winner because I had won; I won because I was a winner.

I’ve been going through some trials recently and it felt like I was on the shaky wagon on the wagon trail to failure. But once a winner always a winner, even when the deceptive cloud of defeat seems dark. Winning a race is not what makes you a winner; being a winner is what wins the race.

So when things aren’t going as they should, it is time to fall of the wagon…and win again.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote