Thread: Reverse homage
View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2004, 05:26 PM   #148
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
Ron Moore's version could very well have been named something else. Everything kept just the way you like, but with a different name.

Amazing how something as simple as that could have avoided so much conflict with fans.
It would have made no difference. Those who hate it would still hate it so long as it had vipers, battlestars, colonials, or any shred of TOS.

That is like the person who says "if only you said you were sorry I wouldn't be angry" when we all know that the only apology most claim to have wanted are the ones not given.

I accept that the hard core purist hates it with every fiber of their being for every reason they state. The name of the show, the battlestar, or the characters are just individual parts of that hatred. They want a TOS Continuation and want nothing else.

I feel their pain and hope we all get that TOS Continuation. The only thing Ron Moore could do to please the hurt part of fandom is to cancel the show, ask forgiveness, and ensure all copies are destroyed never to be aired again. With that part of fandom Moore never had a chance.