View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #37
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default !!

Steve -

I just finished reading "Dark Exodus".....

Oh...my...god! OH...MY...GOD!!!!

I don't mean to gush, but this was terrific! I started reading DE last night and I was able to get through the first 10 chapters before bed. I was going to read another 10 tonight, but the office phones went down today at work, so I was able to have the time to read all but the last 7 chapters. I took the time to read and savor every word of it.

The last 7 chapters were amazing.....! I felt just when it couldn't get any more intense, you managed to kick things up a notch, and then another and another....!

This is what the G80 episode, "Galactica Finds Earth" should have been! If Glen Larson had read this, I'll bet he would be in agreement. I even think if Ron Moore had read a story like this, he might have thought that a continuation story might have been the way to go instead of a reimagining.

I'm so in awe of the BSG fan fiction that I've been reading this week. Nothing intended towards the books that Richard Hatch has been writing, but if he really is only going to do two more books and stop, it wouldn't be a bad idea to submit these stories to a publisher and see what comes of it. They're as good as any novel I've ever read....

I would go into a more detailed review of what I read, but there's so much, I doubt that I could even do it justice.

Suffice it to say, "I loved this story!"

Thanks for the wonderful Christmas present!

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote