View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Promus
Shuttle Pilot

Question Buck Rogers in the 25th Century / BSG Crossover

What do you think, BSG fans?

While watching the "other" Glen Larson vintage sci-fi show, "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century," I had an idea; what if Larson had crossed the two shows together?

Instead of the Battlestar Galactica getting to the 13th Colony in 1980, what if they had actually gotten there in the 25th century (implying that the show took place in the future and not the 20th century), and joined forces with Buck Rogers and the Earth Defense Directorate to defeat the Cylons? That's what they were hoping for, anyway - that the 13th Colony would have sufficient resources and technology to assist them in their fight against the Cylon tyranny.

The show could be called, "Battlestar Galactica in the 25th Century!" Or just "Galactica 2491."

On a side note, combining the shows could have theoretically bolstered the (falling) ratings for each, so I'm kind of puzzled by Larson didn't think of something like that.

What do you think of the idea? I've decided to go with it myself and create material related to the idea - what, I haven't planned just yet. I'd like some informed fan feedback, first!
Promus is offline   Reply With Quote