out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by Gemini1999
...I don't even know why they bothered to "re-imagine" the Viper as subtly as they have - their design is only slightly different and the "new and shiny" look doesn't really work for me anyway.

As for the Viper being real? Well, they do have some full size mockups done for the mini - if they do change out the design again - its' gonna cost them!
I agree with you Bryan 100% The new design is really kinda cheap ambulance plasticky. I'm not happy with it.

But the thing that made me bring it up is that after reading the script I know there are TWO different viper models in the miniseries. One is suppose to look like the old version we are familiar with. One is radically different. The "older" model is used very very briefly. There is a scene where the Galactica is decommissioned in a big ceremony. Lee Adama gripes at having to fly his hated father's viper. But ends up flying it in a simple flyby of the battlestar.

But that is it. That's all we see of the old viper.

So then the commercials we are seeing of Kara Thrace reading for take off is for that scene. But it implies that it IS the viper for new show. But its one of those quick disposal scenes. Like seeing the Jupiter design return in the lost in space movie only to be cast off. Then we were left in that sucky design.

I think that ad is another hollow tease

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote