View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2005, 09:56 AM   #9
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Pete, that's a good point you raise and when I did my adaptation I also felt the need to deal with that inconsistency. Here's what I came up with, in a scene I created of Adama explaining to Apollo and Serina before they go down to Kobol.

"I think I'm a little confused, Father," Apollo said apologetically. "If a single star led them out of the void, then how can it be in such close proximity to the mother planet now? And how come we didn't see it when we first entered the void?"
"For a simple reason, Apollo," Adama said. "We didn't enter the void from the same position the Kobollians left it. By our calculations, it took us one full day in the void before we saw the star. But the trajectory taken on Delta eight heading, starting from here," Adama pointed to the chart showing the star at the center, "Will have us out of the void in two centars flight time."
"You're sure of that?" Serina inquired.
"I've already had scanning and an advance probe during the night confirm it. Once we attend to our business here on Kobol, leaving the void will be a simple matter of going out the way the Kobollians left it, and not going back out the way we came in. And the star will still be in full view by the time we leave it.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote