View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2013, 02:40 AM   #7
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default Re: BSG - Re-arrange episode order....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
Good points. Care to elaborate?
Ok, first I have venture into the fringes of an area thats still unpopular and somewhat taboo here, GINO.
Although GINO did a lot of things very wrong, I think they occasionally had a good idea or two. Of course keep in mind that a broken clock is still right twice a day.
One of these ideas presented was that the colonials were strongly opposed to artificial intelligence. If you watched Caprica, you'd notice that before the war they were really getting into Virtual Reality and Robotics. Then they develop a sentient AI, and the revolution begins. None of this tech is still shown being used by the colonials in GINO, and in the pilot you will notice that in the TV interview with Baltar he is considered very controversial because he is working with advanced computer programs and AI.

I think after a thousand years at war with robots it might make sense that the colonials might hate robots, or at least humanoid robots.
Then the colonials encounter a culture that would not only build humanoid robots, but do it in such a careless fashion that they are basically clowns. This may be very offensive to them, and would indicate that the Terrans are on a path to creating their own executioners.
Heck, I hate Hector and Vector, and I'm from earth, imagine what they must think of them.