View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:55 AM   #284
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21
I think the bummer is that we've tried online petitions and letter writing campaigns...and then we got Gino. That is at least why I think so many are not open to the idea.

That said, I can't see that it would hurt. Jericho sent nuts...smallville sent pencils during the strike...we should send something other than just letters. They tend to take notice when it something fun or surprising. The one thing they won't give us is time so they aren't going to read letters. However if a truck pulls up with thousands of nuts from a fan group it makes them raise an eyebrow.

What the heck could we send? Preferably in one big group and not individually. I was going to suggest Popcorn but that may open some old wounds!

GOOD!

I say reopen those old wounds, cos they messed up twice before. In not greenlighting Hatch's "Second Coming" as a continuation and then further still canning the Singer/DeSanto revival a mere 2 weeks before filming. Then having the former Sci-Fi Channel president trash the nearly completed sets* months later instead of saving them ('edit'- *although with nearly two weeks to go til actual filming would've begun, one wonders now, did DeSanto actually save any pictures in his folder of the practically completed Sets/Vipers?! You know? That one he likes to show to fans at conventions with never before seen pics?).

And yet we're still here? And why is that you ask, cos many of us would still want to see BSG done properly thats why!

The popcorn joke is something that fans originally wanted to go against Moore with. Well he had his shot at BSG, so here might be another opportunity to use this. Of course, somebody would have to dig up his old popcorn statement where Moore said all that jazz in those old magazines and whatnot, and put some small amount of popcorn on it or around a popcorn bucket/container and mail it in!

Maybe even add a reference to the campaign to save 'Jericho' with the "nuts" and possibly any other kind of fancy similar campaign by fans of other TV shows etc.

Just get everyone organised, put some popcorn with Moore's statement around it, with a From 1978 to ??? and we're still waiting for the 'Big budget' motion picture? etc and send it in. I think its kinda low-key in a good way, but also kinda rebelious by the BSG fans to want to grab the TPTB attention like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
I think we need to do something different to what we've done before.

I don't want to knock other people's ideas, not at all, but a repeat of CFF won't, in my humble opinion, move us any further forward. I'm sure it is known that there is a core fanbase of TOS fans. A magazine advert tells them that, but I'm sure they already know we exist ! Thousands of fans texting one particular person is likely to annoy them !

We need to remind the general public how good TOS was, in an enjoyable way, which we haven't done before.
Agreed 100% ernie!

But perhaps, getting an effort behind seeing BSG re-mastered and onto Blu-Ray HD-DVD is the way to go first, with CFF's help! And as i've stated in this thread before, possibly by making up 'Ads' like the CFF effort's Singer/DeSanto BSG ads would be the way to go. And making up a poster/i.e. wannabe-DVD advertisment ad with David Kerin's BSG fan edit images and a possible list of requirements that a special Blu-Ray HD-DVD project like this, would entail etc. And that such an effort wouldn't be a repeat of the previous BSG DVD's and would be packed with all-new extra features, be totally uncut for the first time with deleted scenes and be restored with all-new picture and audio and remastered in 5.1 or even 7.1!

Once CFF does something like that, with even a 'fake trailer' made up mostly with DK's CGI material in his BSG edits and tailored to be like a promotional What if request to Universal. Then later maybe, a letter writing campaign to Uni can begin again in unison by fans with a more focused effort, in getting that BSG motion picture deal finally inked.

And we'd also request that Tom DeSanto be a part of the revival to get a Galactica motion picture out; as 'Executive Producer', Glen Larson can be a 'Consultant' etc.

KJ