View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:35 AM   #29
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: 08: Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
I admittedly thought more in terms of Cain versus military figures who came through Trek, and will grant the richness of exploring further the likes of a Khan. It's when I think of the likes of a Commodore Wesley, Commodore Stocker, and even their best one, a Commodore Decker, I still find Cain the more interesting character.

As a story, I do think "Living Legend" is a richer character study in the complexities of competing miiltary philosophies than anything Trek offered us in its three years.
I think that Decker and Cain have alot in common. Decker loses it all, and goes off the deep end. Had Cain been stranded aboard a wrecked Pegasus, with a crew he tried to save having been wiped out by the Cylons, he might well have mentally disintegrated as much as Decker did. Like Decker, he cannot accept having been defeated by his enemy, and cares not a bit that his revenge could cost more ships and lives.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote