View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2019, 11:15 AM   #163
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

It's too bad they couldn't get Hamill back for ROTJ as well since its the one other thing that's missing from the earlier productions that helped it seem more canon. I also couldn't understand why they bothered hiring Ed Asner for Jabba since all his dialogue/sounds could just as easily have been lifted the film soundtrack and I honestly couldn't tell the difference.

There's been a lot of additional great radio drama from sci-fi properties. Leonard Nimoy's "Alien Voices" series did outstanding work with classic sci-fi literary projects (his version of "The Time Machine" should be listened to in the dark for maximum scare effect). I still wish someone had tackled C.S. Lewis's "Out Of The Silent Planet" and "Perelandra" (not even BBC did them. I've heard multiple versions of the Narnia series but the space trilogy remains my favorite Lewis work).

Galactica could work as radio too even.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote