View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2019, 01:10 PM   #1
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

Default Three Years in remission from Pancreatic Cancer

SO, as many of you may know, three years ago, I had pancreatic cancer. It is official. I am now three years in remission!
To celebrate, I made this small (about 1:48 scale) model of a MK-I colonial viper with purple markings (I repainted it in MS PAINT), to show that I am winning this fight as well as to honour those (especially Richard Hatch) who have passed away from this type of cancer.
For those of you who are interested in this viper. It is the one from https://siriusreplicas.com.
I am planing on using this viper in a diorama for Pancreatic Cancer awareness (I will post more photos later).

Cancer (of any kind) is not something to mess with. It should never be taken lightly. You should always talk to your doctor and be honest with him/her about any aches or pains or other symptoms that you are unfamiliar with, or if after any kind of surgery, you have pain in areas not related to the surgery area, have it checked out.
Case in point, how I found out that I had pancreatic cancer, tow weeks after I had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in my knee, my fiance Christine and I were joking and laughing, I went to take in a deep breath, and experienced a side-stitch. Christine asked me what was wrong, I told her that I had a simple side-stitch, and that it was no big deal. She responded that I could have a blood clot, and that we need to have it checked out. So, we went to the hospital, had blood tests done and the test show positive for blood clots. The doctor ordered a CT-scan to see where the clots were. Come to find out that there were no clots. However, I had a 9 cm mass on my pancreas. It was determined that I had stage 1 pancreatic cancer. A couple of months later, I went in for surgery. The mass had grown to 12 cm. Not only that, but there was a mass on my liver as well, that the doctor removed.

Just to let you know, there are two types of pancreatic cancer.
The first one, is where the tumor grows on the inside of the pancreas. This type is terminal. Not only that, but it is also the most common.
The second one, is where the tumor grows on the outside of the pancreas. If it is caught in stage 1 or 2, surgery can cure it and there is a 95% success rate. However, only 1 in 10 survive, because it is A-symptomatic (meaning no symptoms). Not only that but this type is extremely rare. Out of every 100,000 cases, only one gets this type of cancer.
With that being said, I am a very lucky person in getting the type that forms on the outside of the pancreas and having Christine insisting that I go into the hospital to have that "side-stitch checked out.

20190624_211048.jpg 20190624_211057.jpg 20190624_211119.jpg 20190624_211137.jpg 20190624_211313.jpg 20190624_211336.jpg 20190624_211339.jpg 20190624_211357.jpg 20190624_211424.jpg 20190624_211452.jpg