Old December 31st, 2013, 12:37 PM   #2
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Re: BSG video game questions

Well, it started as a prequel to the original, and would have tied in with Bryan Singer's/Tom DeSanto's FOX Network version of Battlestar Galactica (which was a continuation). So the end product really ties more in with the original series in about 98 percent. With the switch to the Ron Moore version they added an animated sequence at the end which featured a shot of the nu-galactica (the flying ribbed what-cha-ma-callit). But this one has aliens, a male Cain, and the classic design of the Battlestars... to name a few. Also, the designs for the different raiders, Vipers and other Colonial craft are awesome, and would loved to have seen those in a new series. Instead we got a modified Batwing.

I have it on the PS2 and never played on the Xbox, so cannot help there. I think some have said the Xbox graphics may be a bit better.

For playability, it can be fun, but it can be frustrating and some levels just unnecessarily difficult. Once I found cheat codes with invincibility I finally enjoyed the game. There is also a cheat code to feature the original Apollo and Starbuck as your wingmen. Also pointing out how it is more linked to the original series, but retrofit for the reimagining.

It's too bad the gameplay was so frustrating at times, because this could have been a great space combat sim in the Battlestar universe. Instead I think it became a game only played by Battlestar fans. But as a Battlestar fan I say its well worth the purchase, and can't be too expensive these days. Heck, the animated cut scenes alone are worth it.

If you get it, hope you enjoy!

Dave
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote