View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:00 PM   #2
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Solaria getting a total revamp

Whenever I think of the Solaria I think of the battlestar by the same name destroyed in the novelization. A destruction David Kerin brought to life in his fan edits, and well done I might add.

I guess I'm thinking that during the fleet attack some survivors got off the Solaria before it was destroyed. What few Vipers that got off provided cover for the escape pods that escaped the fleet. However due to heavy Cylon fire the pods were left to fend for themselves.

The Atlantia would not have gotten any pods off by the way. Since it was the first to go they would not have had time to scramble. The Galactica's battle readiness bought the other ships SOME time to get vipers off, and some escape craft underway.

The pods would have rendezvoused (probably spelled wrong) at an abandoned planetoid and would make arrangements to try to make it to a secret dock where a new Solaria was being constructed. However due to the peace conference it had not been field tested, or tested extensively. They would seek to use the new Solaria to see if they could rejoin the fight, only to find the fight over and they had lost. So they have a new mission. Recover any survivors and get them to safety, hense a sereis of guerilla missions with the new ship to find lost humans and get them to safe harbor until they could find a new place to live, or way to drive back the Cylons.

Just off the top of my head.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote