View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #3
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Bridge shots for my upcoming Galactica project(s)

Two of the lovelies Galactica could not possibly survive without....

Ahhh....the lovely Athena

And the lovely Rigel

Helm and Weapons station: (no...these guys are NOT lovelies...LOL!)

For the above pic, I kinda borrowed an idea from Star Wars. If you've seen previous pics of my Viper cockpit, the shuttle cockpit, and now the Galactica helm station, you'll notice that the flight stick/thrust module layout is pretty much the same...the only thing missing in the Galactica bridge configuration is the actual cockpit console I used for the Vipers and shuttle. The idea being that Incom T-16 Skyhoppers and Incom T-65 X-wings had the same basic flight control layout...this made it easier for even bush pilots to fly an X-wing. Same principle here...sort of. The response is obviously different between a Viper, a shuttle, and a capital ship like a battlestar...however, if pressed to it, a Viper pilot could fly a battlestar, and a battlestar helmsman could do basic flight maneuvers on a Viper (if he had to flee to safety, and a Viper was all that was around.) An implausible situation, I know...but, my philosophy is...it is better to possess knowledge you don't need than to need it and not have such knowledge.