View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #88
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

So, when asked flat out, you decline to State only Facts and proof. I asked for no arguement, I didn't ask for a recap of your opinion. I asked for the simple facts.

I have indeed followed this thread, and frankly, the reason I asked for these "facts" is simply cause you provided no facts. You have amply provided your opinion, and backed that up with other opinions that happened to support you. But there hasn't been a single FACT presented in this arguement. You are simply relying on being in the majority. that's fine.

But where you fail, is in the RESPECT aspect of any arguement.

It's a telling FACT that you are on shakey ground if you can't convince someone who SHARES your opinion, why he should support you.

Why haven't I asked these same questions to Eric? the answer is simple. While he has argued against you, he has respected your side, and presented his agruement against. He's answered you point for point and made a compelling arguement to the contrary of your position. He has claimed no facts, and not belittled your opinion.

That's the last I'll comment on any of that, I know my point will be lost on a few here, I just hope some do understand what I've said.

Now, that aside, The purpose of this thread is to discuss Remastering the Series. Whether that remasting simply involves restoring the quality of the original prints, a little more editing to remove model stands, but no changes to the content or effects, or replacing said effects with modern effect, this is what we should talk about, and concentrate on. If you don't think any of this should be done, Your opinion is valid, but not on topic (in my opinion of course) Since it is unlikely that Universal will get behind any of this at any point int he near future, this is a fan based effort. No more official then DK's Fan Edits. The goal is just broader. Taking what DK has done and moving it further along.

I do think we need to close this thread, move past what's been argued and start a new topic. The new one should be on topic and not include the debate on whether we should or shouldn't do it. but if we can, and how much can we do.

For better or worse, there is my full opinion. I present it as mine, and mine alone. And I stand behind it.

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote