View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #86
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Edit--

*sigh* Whatever Eric Paddon, the debate is about a 'Remastered' Battlestar Galactica - Go READ "THE THREAD TITLE". This isn't one of your threads where you go off and rant at somebody with any supposed intellectual insights. While the debate is raising awareness of restoring Galatica digitally somewhat its mixing in more elements than just FX and CGI effects, also formats and software that it might be played on. You don't seem to grasp that end of the arguement at all, and see it as another opportunity to whine on as per usual. and if your going to use example use current one, using Forbidden Planet or King Kong because of their age is kinda desperate.

Figure that needs saying, even if you'll have a mod jump in on your behalf. I'm brave enough to be brutally honest.

Anyways... in responce to Reaper who asked...

No Reaper, because if you have been reading this thread entirely they it shouldn't even be a question raised, as if need to bring up proof when the discussion have brought up more than enough facts and points of debate to have this sort of discussion in the first place. Why should i start dancing to anybody's tune simpl cos your not coming up with anything that puts a 'dent' in my or matador's or Taranis arguements.

And please, don't feel that because i'm not going there you made some sort of point against me, cos you haven't.

I fail to see what possible points you've made for for own arguements that Galactica ought remain on a double-sided DVD from 2003 with no restoration effort being made, in light of today's jump to HD-DVD Blu-Ray or IPod/IPhone downloadables etc etc to no end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper
And I do ask you to be Very specific in your answer. only supply "proof and Facts" that relate to his opinion being wrong please
Nope not seeing why, each side should descent there with that. If you weren't so one-sided you'd have launched the same questions at him, he isn't in the right cos he have views similar to yours neither. Besides its already proven you side likes DK's edits, what makes his edit do likable for you, if you don't want a bloody thing altered or changed whatsoever regarding the classic series?

If your such a purist, then even DK's work as a fanedit would automatically be seen as a 'no-no' cos its been altered from the original.

And i'll say it again for those that aren't keeping track of whats being put down in this discussion. I'D WANT THE ORIGINAL SERIES ON THE BLU-RAY UNTOUCHED AS WELL. NEXT TO A BRAND NEW REMASTERED BG SERIES ALA STAR TREK REMASTERED ON BLU-RAY!

Going beyond the lackluster attitude of always saying it'll be switched around too much and altered etc. Why don't you back your views with some evidence if your feeling you'd need to take this somewhere's with exhibit A' and B' in a courtroom or something?

If its such a request you're looking for however. Then i'll ask Taranis or Titon or TWB to put up comparison pics to point our the comparison between what a respectful restoration could be like and outline the project if it were to be undertaken, compared to the original shots from the 78 series original that while.

What do you say Taranis? Could you prepare some jpegs of photoshopped comparisons pics of the original with errors and shots fixed but aren't massively altering anything too much.

Next to an outlined list we could possibly put together to outline every *niggle* so that everything is layed out for those still asking themselves what we're asking for this thing!

Also whats views do you hold now, seeing how far this has come,...Matador?

KJ