View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #29
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: BSG Fanfilms - why so few, if any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
$$$$ & manpower.
yeah .. on the spot manpower. definitely needed and willingness to spend money (not a possibility for many currently)

the CGI stuff is possible at anytime. and you have the animation talent here in Dave. and others. but with out whats mentioned above is a nice dream and nothing more.

I am involved with a Star Trek fan film at the moment (when I can between Crashes and BSOD) new characters a different ship from the norm and it will have animated characters. most of the voice actors are there.

so it up to the CGI end to meet the challenge.

I am building sets for it.

now this is my last fan film I am going to be working on. the only exception if its a BSG effort. other that that I have my own original stories I want to do and see if I can go beyond where I am now.

for almost 4 years I was building (and at the same time learning cgi so I did gain something) on the Battlestar Galactica: 14th Colony and its gone. site vanished and no word .. so I would pause for thought before joining another fan film for BSG.
there would have to be people I know form here involved.

the one fan story I always thought as I mentioned before that would be possible (difficult to do but there is the challenge) is Russell's Exodus story.

Its is a planet based story for the first half of the story (more or less) its a long time since I last listened to it.

its a possible one as it mostly focus on one main character .

that last `part of the story would need to be CGI character but its possible

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote