View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2005, 06:57 AM   #6
SpyOne
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
This particular episode I think I set a record for in terms of time it took to do an adaptation. That was chiefly because of the fact it was the first one I did after the DVD set came out and this altered the way I normally do these things. When I want to retain the dialogue and scenes from the original episode, the episode is on my VCR and I pause and rewind a million times to accurately transcribe the scene and also accurately regard the gestures and motions and tone. Sometimes, when a story took months to write that in effect meant it took months to actually watch a single episode!

But with DVDs you can not leave things at your last stopping point for months, even with chapter search functions so that meant the sooner I got through this one the better!
I don't know any specifics, but apparently there is software out there that will read the Closed Captioning off a video signal, and I assume it could do the same for subtitles on a DVD. (Assuming you have a DVD with subtitles in English or a tape with Closed Captioning.) There was a guy who'd put up a weekly review of Voyager using captured dialogue.
I sincerely hope this will work, both to speed your work and because I'd really like a copy of the complete original dialogue.
SpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote