View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM   #3
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I am on the Enterprise list at Yahoo and people were saying that they fimed two endings: one for if the series was cancelled and one for if it wasn't. It wasn't cancelled, so they used the second ending. I agree that it was a ridiculous way to end it, but there has been some interesting discussion about whether they actually did go back in time and if they did then how and why. There was even some discussion as to alternate universe theory, etc.

No one seemed to be able to agree on why, but unless they come up with a darn good reason (other than "We didn't think it would be renewed and we wrote ourselves into a corner.") then we all agreed on one thing: Enterprise has "jumped the shark."

Speaking of Enterprise, I was quite upset to see that they killed off Maj. Hayes, I enjoyed his character and love the actor. I know that Steven Culp is filming a pilot for the fall season, but couldn't they have transferred him or something and left us with a little hope?!

And speaking of Steven Culp, he must have set some sort of record for TV as just two days later his character on JAG was killed off in a thoroughly disappointing and meaningless way on their season finale. I hope that new series, whatever it is, works out for him.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote