View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #8
Vulpa II
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: BSG Fanfilms - why so few, if any?

Thank you, everyone, for your responses. I really like finding out other fans' perspectives.

Mono - I have a very basic story idea that I am working on right now. Not a lot of details yet, although I will give you a hint: it invovles Adama and the Imperious Leader meeting face to face.
My idea is to create a new set of adventures/stories with the original crew. I have found that as blasphemous as this may sound, the Phase II production has shown me it CAN work. It's a matter of casting the right people.
Initially, I was wanting to do a monthly episodic type of series (e.g. Hidden Frontiers). However, I think maybe one (or two, if I dare to think that positively) stories a year might work better - kinda like a miniseries.

Ernie - I have been to your site and that is what prompted me to ask the question.
It was disappointing to see so few productions available. Granted, the ones that are on your site are very enjoyable to watch - and shows me that, yes, fan films can exist within Galactica's universe.

David - I agree with you. When you mention TOS Trek, people bend over backwards and are willing to spend their own money and volunteer time to help out anyway they can! That series has a lot of things going for it that Galactica doesn't have.