View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #18
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Gordon, thanks for making that easier, it has been my intention to get in contact with you. At some point soon we’ll trade phone numbers and talk. I’ll be back in the United States November 1st for two weeks perhaps we should talk then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
Gordon,

You're making a very generous offer to Sept17th, who in turn is working hard to provide us with something to enjoy. This is the spirit of Battlestar Galactica. This is the spirit of Colonial Fleets. This is the spirit of this fandom...
You are right man! I won't be working alone! For this film to happen it will take effort from the fans. One of the fun aspects of getting ready to do this is watching the great fan films out there. So please indulge some thoughts and web quoting.

Quote:
my mantra, "you don't ask, you don't get" were words to live by. Many people were willing to help "Revelations". All we had to do was ask. Star Wars is beloved by many and instantly recognizable.

…my mantra, "You don't ask, you don't get" worked wonders. All I had to do was present to vendors what we were doing, show them the production value, and sometimes pay a little. But most of the time all you have to do is ask.
I believe those quotes come from Shane Felux the director or Dawn Cowings the producer of Star Wars: Revelations. Those will be words for me to live by as this progresses. I know we are fewer, I know we are just as passionate as Star Wars fans. Let’s show them all.

Quote:
Similar fan films such as "Batman Dead End" spent around 30K for a 8min piece and fan trailers such as "Grayson" cost close to 17K for a 5min piece.
Also from the Revelations FAQ.

Like everyone reading this board I just can’t do that people. I’m just a regular family man. I learned a painful and valuable lesson about debt and living within ones means during college. I’ll grab from savings and spend as I go but clever elbow grease and volunteers will be needed to make up where cash is short.

While on the subject of Star Wars: Revelations it and IMPS: Relentless are the standard, the bar to reach and maybe surpass.

http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revela...velations.html

http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp

Another thought about a subject that comes up a lot regarding Fan Films: Actors. One of the few things Revelations gets bagged on about is the acting. Many articles mention it and on forums comments boarder on the hurtful and cruel. It’s not for lack of effort Felux I believe is from WV with Gina and Frank Hernandez coming from Jersey for a period over three years! The Hernandez couple’s acting resume is pretty stout and blows mine away. Frankly I don’t want to cast my self I want some one better who can fit into my warrior uniform. I’m not looking for the next Oscar winner but my goal is to get acting performances worthy of RJ’s special effects. Every speaking role will be auditioned I’m looking for actors first, looking and sounding the part, being fans of the franchise is almost irrelevant.

Last thoughts for today: What the hell is the film about? The first draft is barely dry and things will change and evolve a bit over the next six months. The time will come but not for now. It’s looking around twenty minutes. A fake movie trailer. Will the whole episode ever be shot? Maybe but I’ve committed to some else’s story first, yes there will be more than one Battlestar Galactica fan film. My story takes places some thirty years after Hand of God…I’ve seen the reaction of recasting Starbuck it aint pretty. We have talked much about continuation the film will be away to see what it might look like.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote