View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2005, 03:28 PM   #3
WarMachine
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaith Rustaz
Considering that we see the loss of the Atlantia at Cimtar, and the Galactica withdrawing, that left 3 Battlestars caught unprepared facing a substantial cylon force. I do not believe that at any time did we see non-battlestars there.

That none of the other 3 survived isn't confirmed AFAIK, only asumed. One or more of them may have been able to also retreat, return home find the colonies destroyed, load up what they could and head off for parts unknown.

Looking at the damage at Pearl Harbor may give some ideas as well to the situation I think.
Hmmmm.....Remember that the Gal recovers "...67 fighers -- 25 of our own" given the circumstances, I think it's likely that none of the other three survived.

Note that this does not include any task forces (battlestars and troopships) that were outside the Colonies at the time of the attack; their dispositions are completely up in the air.

As a result, I don't think you would see very many surviving Colonial troopships; I know from personal experience how long it takes to load up a Tarawa-class, and even doing a fast load-out there is no way that they'd be ready-to-go in a couple of hours...

...That, and those ships would have been super-high-priority targets for the first waves, so their wreckage would likely have been streaking the skies of the Colonies for hours and days after the battle....