View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #179
Artemis
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callipygian
. So, are the "others" supposed to be pirates? And how did they know that Walt was on the raft? Do they just spend their time drifting out in the middle of nowhere looking for boys to abduct? Why?
On the good side, I thought it was funny how they used the science teacher to voice a lot of the viewers' nitpicks. And then they blew him up. Are they trying to tell us something?
Calli
Seeing the old ship made me think of the Flying Dutchman, maybe the others can't die. As to knowing Walt was on the raft, I'm sure they had been watching the camp from the beginning they did have that other guy pretending to be a survivor.
I don't think they were drifting around, the island is big enough that they just launched their boat from somewhere else and knew they could catch up with a wind powered raft.
Why? We have to wait till next season but apparently it is an every 16 year event.
I did find the blowing up of the high school teacher funny. Here he is going on about how dangerous the stuff is and waving it about, then boom, he proves his point.