View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #67
Griffworks
Builder of the RTF

I'm at work so don't have the link here, unfortunately, but I've got a link to an interesting site that purports that there were likely something like 26 Battlestars as a part of the Cimtar Fleet. I'm not saying that I completely agree with his reasoning, but his breakdown and the logic used are somewhat compelling and certainly interesting, to say the least.

The gist of the theory is that if you carefully watch the first 20 minutes of "Saga of a Star World" where we see the Fleet at Cimtar, we get a couple of views of the fleet that don't exactly match up. In one view, we see five ships in a staggered line - the classic shot used in the opening title sequence. later, we get a different view w/the ships in what almost appears to be a wedge formation as they're scattered in a horizontal type pattern versus the earlier vertical type pattern. Still later, we get at least one other angle shot w/this angle showing a different type formation.

I think that it was more a matter of visualizations being sort of "taken advantage of", but I do think the guy makes good points and think it's interesting that he pulled that together.