Thread: CG Galactica
View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2010, 08:15 AM   #68
Matador
Viper Pilot

Default Re: CG Galactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
One area in which we differ on our approach is that while you have the landing control area set inboard on the recovery deck ....looks like it terminates at where the troop conveyor tube runs along the lower axis of the ship.
Thanks martok...

I've always debated in my own mind were the control tower should be... I got the idea from aircraft carriers and plus I saw Taranis's version and I decided to stick with it.
I always figured the troop conveyor would run in the area in the middle of the ship. That funny cross section that you can barely see. But was there...
Although this was actually used to hide the support for the acutal model. I always imagined it served as a way to move stuff from one end of ship to another. So I kepted it in my model.

I used that section in my model and this will be used for the troop transport and also how they move the ships from one side of Galactica to the other.
That tunnel will eventually lead to a storage bay... A safe place to keep extra vipers, shuttles, and spare parts in the belly of Galactica.

Thanks for the feedback.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote