View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:37 PM   #29
Reverend Dr Syn

Fine. Im sorry I said "Beats up mom" I meant that in the tense of a family member in general, not as something motivated by some sort of mysogeny as you seem to imply . But it still applies. BSG is still the loved one and Sci-Fis version is still roughing it up. Would you prefer "Seeing a childhood friend get run over" Am I supposed to give the person two or three years of observation before I make a decision? The new show is still roughing up the mythos disrespecting EVERYTHING the old one stands for. Its taking all the likeable characters and replaced them with snotty, rude people. No one gets along with ANYBODY at a time when cooperation is needed most

And Im sorry. Baltar doesnt NEED to screw the damn Cylons. They eliminated the robotic ones out of cheapness and used sex to glaze it over. Baltar doesnt NEED to be sympathetic. He was supposed to be an out and out rat bastard who wanted power. Theres nothing wrong with an irredeemable villain. This Baltar is a tenth of the villain John Colicos made you love to hate.

Hatch was getting PLENTY of work on the side. If he truly was hurting for money he would have accepted a role in the miniseries. Doesnt matter. Selling out is still selling out. I dont buy him needing the money for a second. Success of this show will surely KILL any chance of a revival. More people who havent seen the original will come to accept THIS as the norm so when a REAL revival comes the general public will go "This isnt ANYTHING like that show on Sci-Fi" and thus it will get panned by them then theyll tell their friends not to watch it either before heading out for a Xima or whatevers in vogue with the Gen-Xers these days. This show is the WORST possible thing to happen to any plans for a continuation. You cant have two continuities running at once. Its one or the other. And the fans of the classic lost.

Feeding his family isnt an issue. Hatch was doing that long beforehand. The issue is compromising your ethics or ideals. If there was NEVER a mini I have absolutely every faith Richards family wouldnt have to worry where their next meal came from. The issue is making a statement and deciding to not stick to it. Maybe there might be a little inconvenince but honorable people withstand such things for their cause. If the mini worked off the original then there wouldnt have been a problem with old and new fans. But with this arrangement the old fans get the screw because there WILL be something new and flashy to compare it to.

Dont you get it? He was our last symbol of hope. And he just cast his vote for the other party.

But I cant expect you to understand. After all, you have what YOU want. A new show. I wouldnt expect you to care.