View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2004, 04:51 PM   #25
Reverend Dr Syn

Sorry Elvis

Saying I should give this new series IMPERSONATING Battlestar Galactica two or three years to see if I like it would be like saying give some guy two or three years to see if I like him AFTER he severely beats up your Mom.

And Id call Baltar screwing the non-robotic Cylons, (Not that screwing classic style Cylons would be any better) baby murdering, Starbuck and Boomer being female, and pointles angst, dysfunctional relationships and sex sex sex a pretty good roughing up of what earned the hearts and loyalties of longtime fans two decades ago.

Im not going to call Hatch a traitor, but I *DO* feel terribly betrayed by him capitulationg to the enemy. And for him to embrace this means he's saying its OKAY for them to cheapen a longstanding classic with lower common denominator. Honorable to himself? What about honorability to those of US who supported him? Do WE not matter anymore? Is that how little he thinks of us? How can I possibly NOT feel angry. How can I not feel betrayed when someone I once respected shows up and supports the guy who roughed up my loved one? All that support was for nothing. Hes turned his back on me and the fans.

Like Richard says I feel like no ones listened to me. And now Hatch himself is one of them.

Im sorry to be so emotional but I had a lot of happy memories running around the playground at recess playing Starbuck. Now this new show comes along and negates the old one.