View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default I think I'm going to make everyone's day...

It pays to have a library card (and, yes, they still make them...)
The Cincinnati Public Library system has greatly expanded its online reference sources in the past few years. If you have a Cincinnati library card, you can go to its website and look up its databases from a remote computer. One website that must be fairly new includes links to a number of Ohio newspapers and to The Washington Post (last time I looked, Washington DC wasn't in Ohio!). The Washington Post articles go back to 1977, so guess what I did a search on?
I found three articles. One of them was a story I had never heard before, about a Galactica cast member who doesn't get a lot of publicity. The other two articles was a review and an editorial, and they were pleasantly positive. For a major American newspaper to rave about a TV show is very unusual.
I suppose that what I am doing is a little bit, shall we say, violation of copyright, so if you think I should remove them, I will. If you have your own library card you might be able to access the Washington Post website throught your local public library.
I'm going to do each article as a separate file.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote