View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #66
LZaza
Warrior

Default Re: G80-06:The Return of Starbuck.

I loved the fan version of that. Now that was the way it should have ended . . . either that, or Boomer or Apollo going back for him. I refuse to believe that Apollo was dead at that point.

What I didn't like about the ending was Starbuck alone and about to starve to death, since Angela apparently scoffed his rations. It didn't ease my mind that he was now officially "good". Especially after all the heroic deeds in TOS. Really, it wasn't much of a long shot that this Colonial Warrior that had been willing to sacrifice his life in so many other situations, would again offer to do so for a woman and baby.

However, at the time it aired I admit that I was in BSG Heaven, finally seeing Starbuck once again. My jaundiced view of the episode came years later after seeing it again on You Tube. And after reading "Loyalty Check" by Fran Severn, and realizing that the potential to bring Starbuck back to the Fleet in a re-imagined fanfiction world was so much more fulfilling than the original concept.
LZaza is offline   Reply With Quote