View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default My colonial shuttle model update

I have resumed work on My shuttle model after a year of inactivity.

I found some better source images and decided to start fixing some of the biggest problem areas.
I have rebuilt the passenger cabin and windows, and reshaped the forward half of the fuselage. Added details to the forward top section and details the the front side.
I had the windows really far off before, they are quite a bit more accurate now, although deliberately not exactly as the studio model.
I still need to build the bottom details and re-work the landing gear.
The interior needs major re-construction to fit the new hull and windows.

I estimate that I'm at about the 50% finished point for modeling. I plan to upload this with a basic "clay render" material applied before I attempt to texture it (maybe somebody will beat me to it ).

I am knowingly deviating away from the studio model in many areas to keep the polygon count under control as well as make it a usable asset in a relatime 3D engine (currently I prefer Crysis). The old version of the shuttle model was working fine in Crysis, and I still had the ability to have several instances of the shuttle model in close proximity without and real degradation in frame rates.
In these test images you'll note that the right side of the model is much less complete than the left side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colonial_shuttle_wip_01.jpg (331.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg colonial_shuttle_wip_02.jpg (188.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg colonial_shuttle_wip_03.jpg (318.3 KB, 8 views)
Punisher454 is offline   Reply With Quote