Old April 8th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #15
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Warrior Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouri-Plwel View Post
Thanks...I think I am leaning towards just doing that.....I have until August/September to get this done..plenty of time.....I think I would rather have the SIDI boots vs. the Motorcowboy...not only because they are cheaper, but more accurate and true to the originals
B-W -

I agree with you on the choice of the repros. For one, they cost less and the other, well...they are more accurate as you pointed out. The Motorcowboy version does look quite similar to the original, but uses a standard buckle style that was not used in the series - I found out that the earliest version of the Full Bore looked like that. The ones used in the series had the aluminum clasp buckle which had a more futuristic look to them, which makes them very unique.

If you prowl eBay on a regular basis, original manufacture boots can be found in various states of repair. I've even seen them auctioned under the most insignificant names, so sometimes, it takes a bit of dilligence to find them when auctioned.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote