View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2005, 11:45 AM   #118
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

NEWS ON DESANTO PROJECT!!!

It is 1:04p.m. here in Ark, and Terri (warriorchemist) has just recieved a phone call from none other than Tom Desanto himself!
He took time out of his busy schedule of working on the upcoming Transformers movie to call me about the DeSanto Viper project among other things of interest to us both. These are just a few things that he made conversation about.
He said " I could'nt be more thrilled about the project, it looks really awesome." concerning his viper, and Advanced Cylon Raider that is coming up. Tom, I say that still with respect for him, because at first thing in the converstaion and introductions, he asked that I call him "Tom" anyway he stated that he is honored that I am making the masters of his viper and raider, and that he will be sending me never before seen images anywhere of these ships for help in my masters. I told him that we were about to begin the first castings of the viper and that we were going to honor him with a fully lit and built ship as a gift to him, for helping me personally in this endeavor. He tried to refuse saying that he did'nt want to except that from us, that he was just thrilled at my photos and that I was making them a reality. We insisted, and he finally accepted!
He gave me the thumbs up and his full approval of the projects, and he agreed happily to be photographed holding my viper and raider models for all the BSG fans to see. Tom wants everyone to be informed that he is behind my effort all the way. I have been given approval by Tom over these models of his and I and Terri are HONORED!!! We are thrilled to have this kind of backing, from the creator of this viper and raider. And we are overly thrilled to have been given so many minutes of his busy day.
He told me, right before we got off the phone, and I quote him respectfully.
"Tell all the Battlestar Galactica fans, that I have not given up, and am still working on getting a continuation project going. I'm still a big Galactica fan and am still going at it."
It was an honor to be told this, and a (serious) honor to be asked to be the one to get that message to you all here at the Fleets 1st!
He was very cool to talk with, and shared his personal e-mail information and we agreed to keep in touch and become better friends. Terri had fun talking with him also, and chatted about Hollywood.
Very special thanks to Commander Taggert, and Peter Noble, that helped this become a reality and more than an honorable, experience.
You all are now getting the fully ( APPROVED ) DeSanto Mk.IV Viper. COOL!