View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2003, 01:07 AM   #18
dru
Shuttle Pilot

Default Why not fly around it?

I rewatched this last night. It's always been one of my favorites. And it remains so.

I think a Daggit should've been SOP with any ground missions. Say what you will but he was kept them alive and did likewise in Fire and Space. Even now we know there are times for remotes, droids or robotics from military operations to suspicious package containment or Egyptian pyramid exploration.

Ok, I was pretty surprised to understand the "Father Creator" made the clones as slave labour for the Cylons. Whoa! Where did that come from? Again, it's another bit of TOS that might support a cyborgification of human survivors left under Cylon rule as DeSanto proposed.

I couldn't figure why Galactica couldn't simply go around the other side of the planet, opposite the pulsar? There has to be an explanation.

Boxey was annoying anytime he disobeyed. We never see him get punished for stowing away that I can really although maybe this was the only time he was a genuine stow away. The spirit of the annoying child character is back in the form of that spoiled child in ER who invades everyone's privacy as he gawks from patient to patient. Grrr. Will Hollywood never stop?

I wonder if George Lucas was pulling his hair out since he hadn't done the Hoth ice planet in his Star Wars films yet.
dru is offline   Reply With Quote