Thread: Anime debate
View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #60
Fragmentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
This is unfortunately one of the largest misconceptions about the wants and desires of the TOS folks. While I, personally, would love to see as many as possible *reprise* their roles, by no means do I want to see a *return to the '70's*. I have always looked at a possible continuation as one with a "next generation" feel to it. The original principals would still be there, if interested, and would be handing off to the next generation of warriors, etc.
My point is that with a live action continuation, this is what you would have to do. There is no other alternative other than mixing the old characters with new ones. Where as, with an animated version that restriction is lifted. If the producers wanted to, they could pick the story up anywhere since the age of the actors and the time that has passed in the real world would not affect it.

An animated version means that the story doesn't have to be 25 years laters and still no earth. We could instead pick up 5 minutes after Starbuck's gun bumps that button. I'm suggesting that that freedom is what makes the idea of an animated version so popular.
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote